Attorney Karpenski is a founding partner at Karpenski & Schmelkin, Divorce and Family Law Attorneys. Ann’s practice focuses on all areas of Domestic Relations, including divorce, custody, parental rights, removal, spousal support, child support, paternity, adoptions, 209(A) orders, property issues, contempt actions, modifications, prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements. Ann has been practicing law since 1989 and has over thirty years of courtroom experience in Massachusetts Juvenile, District, Superior and Probate Courts. Ann has extensive experience representing clients in Middlesex, Worcester, Norfolk, Plymouth, Essex and Suffolk counties.
Ann is certified in children and family law cases and is also a certified court-appointed ARC Attorney (Attorney Representing Children), often dealing with complex custody matters, both which facilitate her understanding and ability to effectively negotiate complex custody matters.
Ann is also certified with the National Business Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, which allows her to effectively handle and negotiate complex financial matters. Ann is also certified to provide Limited Assistance Representation (LAR) in all Massachusetts Probate and Family Law Courts.
Through-out her career, Ann has been a contributor, writer, and panelist at Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Programs. Ann is a certified court conciliator. Ann conciliates cases pro bono at various Massachusetts Probate Courts.
Prior to co-founding Karpenski & Schmelkin, Ann focused her practice in divorce, custody, paternity, and other domestic relations matters. Ann has extensive experience assisting clients with all areas of family law and domestic relations. A divorced parent herself, Ann knows and understands the stress experienced by her clients during family law matters. Ann believes that each case must be handled with individual attention and she will guide you through your conflict with experience, dedication, and results.
Ann is a native New Englander. With her main office in the Metrowest area, Ann’s practice serves Middlesex, Worcester, Norfolk, Plymouth, Essex and Suffolk counties. Ann is licensed to practice in all Massachusetts courts, in addition to the District Court of Massachusetts.
If you are considering divorce or any family law matter that needs individual attention, contact Karpenski & Schmelkin to schedule a free consultation.
- Bar Admission: Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court – Massachusetts
- Juris Doctorate, New England School of Law, Cum Laude
- Certificate in Legal Studies, University of Pennsylvania
- B.A. Wellesley State University, Cum Laude
Professional Memberships and Associations
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- Worcester County Bar Association
- Norfolk County Bar Association
- MCLE Panelist, Top 25 Critical Cases Every Family Layer Must Know
- Certified Financial Litigator (CFL™)
- Court Certified Attorney Representing Children (ARC Program)
- LAR (“Limited Assistance Representation”)
- National Business Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
Ann Breau Karpenski